Dollar General Application Online- apply now
If you are looking for a new job and have found the retail environment interests you, then Dollar General may be just the place for you! Here you will find some helpful information, tips and tricks for beginning your Dollar General application and beyond. Retail is a widely varied, diverse field that offers employees a great deal of room to grow and advance. Dollar General is one of those companies that pride itself on diversity and leadership in both the retail world, and in the community. You may find opportunities at many levels with Dollar General, so don’t wait, fill out a Dollar General application now!
The application process and then the interview are the two fundamental elements for any job. Once you have proven that you are ready, willing, and able to perform the job, you will begin a journey into a great opportunity for success. Any retail may receive hundreds of applications which make it imperative that you stand out amongst the crowd. To do that, you should know how to fill out an application, and what to include, as well as how to prepare for an interview. Here are some of the basic tips and tricks that may help you as you fill out a Dollar General job application.
Beginning your journey you will need to access the Dollar General website at dollargeneral.com then navigate to the careers link. Once you are at the career link you will find a wealth of information and helpful links to find the right opportunity for you. Once you are familiar with the website and links, you will be ready to begin your Dollar General application!
Like many retailers, The Dollar General job application is available for download on the internet. For store positions, you must download the application and complete it, or pick one up at your local Dollar General. There is no online application for you to fill out. There are online applications for management positions and distribution center positions however. Most applications will take you from 30-45 minutes to complete. The advantage of a printable application is that you may take your time completing it and do not have to worry about session time outs and losing information. You will want to take as much time as possible to be sure you have completed your Dollar General application online completely so you can start out your new career on the right foot.
The Dollar General application may best be completed by first locating the specific retail store or distribution center that you would like to work in. Be sure to keep this information handy as you complete the application in case you need to list where you would like to work. Dollar General participates in E-Verify to establish employment eligibility, so you will be prompted to select your language and state first. The application process guides you through your personal and contact information, your background, employment, and educational information. There is space for you to enter work references, and you should do this now so the reviewer can ascertain whether you are a good fit for Dollar General.
Dollar General takes pride in hiring a diverse group of employees to meet the growing demands of our diverse society. Labor laws vary by state, and most allow teenagers between the ages of 16-18 to be employed. Dollar General traditionally hires individuals 18 and older. If you are younger than 18, call ahead to your desired locationand ask if you are eligible to work there before submitting a Dollar General job application.
Application Review and Interview:
Dollar General applications are an easy way to fill out an application. Easy, well organized sections make it easy for you to complete your information and move on to the next step. The Dollar General application and interview processes may follow a similar process to the below:
· Professional and salaried positions at Dollar General are generally reviewed either by a recruiter or manager. Depending on which job that you apply for, you might be asked to submit to a phone interview before a physical interview. Phone interviews offer you a great time to get to know the position that you have applied for in depth, and also gain an understanding of how the remainder of the interview process works. If a phone interview is successful, a second, personal interview will be scheduled which is really your chance to shine.
· For hourly or entry level positions, a Dollar General online application will likely be reviewed by a manager or local human resource person in the area that you have applied. Once the review has been completed and you are deemed a qualified fit, you will likely move on to another interview. Once the interviews are conducted, if you are found a suitable candidate, then you may be made an offer of employment.
· For all positions at Dollar General, you will likely be required to consent to a background check and drug screen immediately following the offer of employment made to you. You should be prepared to give your consent during early in the process, so be prepared.
Available Job Opportunities:
Dollar General generally offers the following positions:
· Entry level positions
· Both hourly and salaried career opportunities
· Opportunities for advancement
· Distribution Centers
Corporate opportunities may also be available. It is important to become familiar with the dollargeneral.com website in order to learn about corporate positions. Also, be sure to check out the FAQ’s page for answers to any questions that you may have regarding employment with Dollar General.
Dollar General retail locations have expanded greatly over recent years. Today there are over 10,000 stores throughout 40 states in the U.S. There are also 11 distribution centers which provide jobs. Dollar General is thought to be the largest retailer in the small-box discount category.
Depending on your location, your local Dollar General store hours may vary. The majority of Dollar General retail locations operate from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. seven days a week. Distribution centers may have other hours, so if you are interested in employment at such locations, you should contact someone to determine the available hours.